This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 31 March 2019

Hub Prime

After finishing "The Dark Citadel" I was planning on having a rest from painting and do some other things but the idea for "Hub Prime" just came to me in the bath and I felt duty-bound to paint it. This one is very unusual for me as it's a Science Fiction- oriented painting which I haven't really done since the early 2000s for a book jacket commission. In fact I have another S/F idea that has come out of early thoughts I was having for "The Dark Citadel" so the next one will be S/F too...
This one is set on another planet with two moons in the dusk sky, four monorail-type travelways head towards a giant cave below a glittering city that straddles a canyon.
It is based around a blue/green - red/orange complementary, most of the sky using mixes of Prussian Blue, Permanent Orange, Zinc White and Lead Tin Yellow Lemon (all Michael Harding paints).
This might be a painting I bring to IX in October.
Oil on canvas 31" x 12".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment