This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 22 March 2019

Hub Prime - stages 1 & 2

Stage 1
Apologies for posting very little recently but at the request of the people who commissioned it I have been unable to show the progress through "Dark Citadel", a large painting for IX in the USA which has taken nigh on a month to complete. I will be able to show it it ten days time or so when they have used it for early publicity for the IX event in Reading PA in October.
I was expecting to have a bit of a rest after the large painting but an idea for a Science Fiction-style picture popped up into my head whilst in the bath a couple of days ago and felt duty bound to get going on it. It was vaguely connected to the sky in the previous commission but over this morning's coffee I decided to change it a bit but this won't be apparent until later in the painting progress.
Four kind of monorails converge on a cavelike entrance under a city built on rocks that straddle a canyon on a planet like ours but that has two moons in the night sky. 
Stage 1 was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.
Stage 2 has been put in with a flat brush and a rag using the same paint mixture with a bit more Liquin added.

Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment