This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 16 September 2017

Siren's Dawn - stages 3 & 4

Stage 3




I first put in some more undercolour into the sky after strengthening the lines on the figure and then blocked in some more tonal undercolour into the foreground, resolving the shape of the rock that the figure is lying on in the process. I mixed Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium into the sky colours hoping that they would dry quicker but alas they were still tacky in the afternoon.

In the afternoon session I still carried on making a start on the sky which I had to curtail as I needed the top of the painting dry before I could properly continue. I am trying to not make the sky too dark as I want it to look quite delicate and soft in the morning light.
I forgot to mention in the post for Stage 1 that I gave the Winsor & Newton canvas two extra coats of oil primer, sanding between coats to fill in the weave a bit to try and get the surface nearer to linen, my preferred working base.

Stage 4

No comments:

Post a Comment