This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Adult Books - stage 1

After a good few weeks away from painting due to Illuxcon and getting my tax books done I am finally able to get back. The two main streams of my work tend to inform each other and what I have been doing for Illuxcon wherein I have been concentrating on colour and atmosphere is now being applied to my Roadside America series. This picture is of an adult bookstore on the outskirts of Detroit but I intend the painting to be all about the sky; a glowing evening sky will sit behind a subdued foreground of buildings and road barely lit but not too dark and silhouetted against the moody sky. I have shot this first stage in artificial light as the nights are drawing in and is too dark in the studio to shoot by daylight. I have "drawn" it up with my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin using a small bristle brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment