This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 17 October 2015

Fireflies

A small painting that I am bringing to Illuxcon as an extra in my luggage, the rest of the pictures having been sent ahead. This painting has proved very hard to photograph; the picture when you see it in the flesh has a richer green/blue colour to it compared to what you see here. It is influenced by Maxfield Parrish and Edmund Dulac and is just a simple scene of a Classical temple by a lake (based on something I saw near Rome) based on a blue/green - red/orange complementary colour combination,  the fireflies providing the red/ orange in the painting. Oil on linen 15 3/4" x 11 3/4". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment