This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Topeka Storage

I came across this building group in Topeka, Kansas for another in my Roadside America series ("storage" refers to the red building being a storage company). I decided on a very simple composition using two unevenly sized blocks of colour as the main design, red for the building and ground and yellow for the sky. In fact the painting is really based around orange; yellow/orange for the sky and red/orange for the buildings and ground. I used a yellow/green as a near-complementary to give some variety although there is a lot of violet in it as well and is a development of my high-contrast, high-saturation approach to what I am painting these days. Oil on canvas 19 1/2" x 19 1/2". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment