This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 5 April 2015

Fireside Inn - stage 1

Another in my Roadside America series, this is located in Nebraska (can't remember the town). I want the light from a low sun hitting the building against a dark, stormy sky so I guess it will be based on a yellow/violet complementary colour axis. This time I have opted for a less traditional composition and will be hoping to accentuate the strong design although I am still utilising the Rule Of Thirds as to the placement of the shadow falling on the building. I first "drew" it up using an old bristle brush with a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet mixed with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium and then in the afternoon after it was touch dry I painted in a tonal underpainting with a rag using the same paint mixture thinned with turpentine. I am also tweaking the sky on "Main Street" which I will post up when I'm happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment