This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Mermaid's Treasure

A mermaid goes through the contents of a treasure chest that she has retrieved from the wrecked ship thrown high onto the jagged rocks by the retreating storm. She doesn't seem that impressed. The model for the mermaid is the lovely Naomi who I have recently met and will be featuring in my next painting of an Orientalist interior. 
The painting is based on a blue-yellow complementary colour axis that brings red/oranges and greens into play in the interest of colour harmony.
"The Mermaid's Treasure" will be exhibited at this year's Illuxcon at Allentown PA in October.
39" x 15 3/4" oil on canvas. There is a step-by-step progress through this painting on previous posts on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment