This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 19 January 2013

Chalk Farm

I wanted to paint a red building and remembered the many tube station entrances in London that are decorated with red tiles and chose Chalk Farm as it has a large expanse of them on the Adelaide Road side. I wanted a Hopper-like feel to the painting so I emptied the streets of traffic and pedestrians apart from one figure walking out of the picture in the shadow cast on the station wall by a nearby building. The colours in the finished picture remind me of the illustrations on boxes of toys from my childhood such as Bayko and Airfix kits. 12" x 12" oil on board.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a lad, Lego bricks came in shiny white, yellow, grey, green and RED!
    I like the green of the sky against the red tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have Lego when I was a kid,but these colours remind me of that era.

    ReplyDelete