This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 29 September 2012

Recent Life Drawings



I thought that I would start to post a few life drawings from the weekly sessions at the Sussex County Arts Club in Brighton on Tuesday evenings. I have been going regularly for the past six months as I use it to get myself back after a long lay-off to drawing from the figure again and together with my regular attendance of the Monday afternoon painting sessions, represents a determination on my part to improve my general artistic skills. I know for a fact that improving your drawing also improves your painting and hope that through these efforts I will be able to bridge the gap between what my work currently looks like to what I know that I am capable of if I can kick away the last barriers that separate them. Incidentally these past six months of drawing and painting from life have encouraged me to go on a painting/sketching trip to Southern India in mid-October (hopefully the heat and crowds don't discourage me!). More about that in forthcoming posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment