This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Monday Afternoon Life Session - 10 September

First pose
Chose a green background again as it seems to be a good base for the warmer flesh colours to sit on. May have worked out a system for painting the flesh tones - shadow areas blocked in first and then warmer areas of colour for the parts in the light with a few juicy highlights at the end.... and then leave alone and don't faff with it! A long way still to go obviously but I am starting an Artistic Anatomy course at the Sussex Arts Club tonight so hopefully the anatomy will improve along with the painting, eventually. 
Two 50-minute poses, oil on board, 12" x 12".

Second Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment