This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 7 May 2012

Horizons New - First attempts at figure painting

OK before I go any further, I am not posting these paintings because I think that they are any good! This is the second week that I have attended the Monday afternoon painting session at the Sussex County Arts Club led by Kate Shields which comprises two 45 - 50 minute poses by a model who is encouraged to bring a prop with them (hence the microphone!). I reckon that this is just enough time to finish an oil painting and thus I guess the challenge has been set. I am hoping that over the coming weeks....months.....years, I will be able to hone any skills I may possess to produce some paintings worth exhibiting, whether they would be these or larger and more ambitious studio pieces I have yet to find out. I have absolutely loads to learn, I know that, but it is something that I have had in the back of my mind for some time and hope that the life drawing classes that I go to as well will help with my anatomy issues, proportions etc etc.

So hopefully the future postings will show a continuing improvement over time.....otherwise they will all be edited from the blog and I will pretend that nothing happened...as long as you conveniently forget as well.























No comments:

Post a Comment