This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 13 May 2012

Artists & Illustrators magazine - Summer In The City second day

Acrylic underpainting
I have put down a rough acrylic underpainting to get an idea of how it is to look and to start ironing out any elements of the composition that I don't think are working. I think the figure needs to be bigger and should be holding a white umbrella and the blue sky should be darker for instance. I am also concerned that everything could start to look "bitty" so I must make sure that the buildings have a coherent design that holds up across the whole painting. Tomorrow I paint the first oils, then we shall have a better idea as to how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment