This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 28 November 2011

Jeremy Lipking ...and the Colour Green

Nymphe du Bocage

At The Door

Porcelain

Diaphanous Gown

Reflection

Reclining Nude Figure

Flor de Muertos
Born in 1975, Jeremy Lipking has quickly gained a reputation as one of America's foremost Realist painters, being compared to John Singer Sargent and Joaquin Sorolla - well I would'nt go that far but I do love his controlled use of colour and tone. He has a great way of using green for example, with his compositions sometimes seeming to be just about placement of areas of colour around a figure, also beautifully painted of course. There are many videos of him demonstrating his painting methods on Youtube as well as a dvd and book which can be purchased from his website: www.lipking.com. Check out his blog at www.jeremylipking.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Lipkin's paintings are beautiful - I had a look at his site etc. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete