This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 27 November 2011

The Big Sky - the third day

By now I have sorted out most of the cloud shapes, bear in mind that the sky is imaginary and am making it up as I go along. The apparent hole in the middle of the sky above the horizon is planned to be very bright as if looking into the sun and at this stage I have only started to work on the general golden light which will be achieved (hopefully) with a scumble of yellow/white. I want the greenish blue to show through the semi-opaque scumble so that the sky colour has more interest and luminosity. The next stage would be a wash of thin red/ochre to unify the colours; this layer will hopefully sit over areas of stronger colour and produce some interesting combinations...but that is in a few days time!

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds as if it's going to be powerful Mark. I'll be following you... Have fun painting

    ReplyDelete