This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 18 July 2024

Call Of The Muezzin - stage 1


 This will be for my slot on next month's Every Day Original but I'm painting it now as I will be away in the USA next week for 18 days and won't have much of a chance to paint anything when I get back for posting on 23 August. 

This is a subject I'm surprised I haven't painted before as it's a classic theme of Orientalism, the call to prayer by the muezzin from a minaret. Depending on how this one goes I might paint a larger one for IX... dunno at the moment.

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a brush and rag. This shows it after I gave it a wash of transparent Ultramarine Violet prior to tomorrow morning's session when I will start on the sky.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment