This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 14 June 2024

Home Alone


 The next in my "Point Of Light" series for my solo show next year at the Abend Gallery, Denver CO. Set somewhere on an imaginary beach in the Pacific North West this one proved to be  a bit of a magnum opus as it took much longer to paint than I originally thought it would - the choice of colours was more complicated than expected and had to be made up as I went along. Looks a nice place to live if you like to be away from things (I don't) but if that's coastal erosion going on...

As a matter of interest I like to use phrases, song/film titles that are relatively well used/known and have a certain expectation of content and then defy those expectations and ask the viewer to look again and reassess the words into a different interpretation.

Oil on canvas 39" x 16". 

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in earlier posts on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment