This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 28 May 2024

Mina Al Dhahab


 This one changed in a couple of ways from how I intended it to go. Firstly it was originally going to be Atkinson Grimshaw in the desert but I changed my mind about the sky and it became hot and dusty like an approaching sandstorm and once that decision had been made I went with it and it became a limited palette dusty, dramatic painting instead of a nocturne. Secondly once it was finished and the gold came through in the water I decided to change the title to a rough Arabic equivalent of "Port Of Gold". It's based around a yellow/violet complementary pulling in some violets and oranges.

I have painted this for my upcoming slot next month on Every Day Original.. unless somebody buys it first and I have to paint another...

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment