This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Homeward Bound


 This is another for my solo show at the Abend Gallery, Denver CO next year. I was going to paint this awhile ago but decided to try and improve how I painted waves and water first so the recent smaller paintings were kind of trial runs before I took on this one. This is a return to my "Point Of Light" series with a lonely trawler returning to port after a long while at sea off the coast of the Pacific Northwest. I have tried to use the format to emphasise the loneliness of the trawler on the open sea set against the approaching coastline with a faint hint of orange on the horizon just around from the far headland - the home it's heading for. I hadn't planned it as a nocturne but once I had left that bright space in the sky in the tonal underpainting I decided to go with it which is just as well as the painting would have looked a bit drab without the beautiful moon in the sky.

Oil on canvas 39" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment