This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 7 February 2022

Always There


 The ideas behind The Big Sky series are still being developed with this one moving away from abandoned buildings in relatively hostile environments to suburbia like the last one "A Perfect Day" (I love ironic titles). I am developing the theme of how Nature will still be around when we've all gone (albeit a damaged and polluted one although over the millennia it will stabilise and flourish again). The location for this one is Albuquerque (although it could be anywhere) looking at first like a comfortable suburban scene but then you notice that the house looks as if nobody has lived in it for a while with peeling paint, no cars in the drives, no lights on and weeds growing in the garden and roadway. What has happened? Where is everyone? Behind the abandoned suburban scene is a beautiful late afternoon sky that nobody sees, another theme that runs through the series - I want these paintings to have these two contrasting elements, beauty and melancholy....

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment