This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 12 May 2019

New Friends

The last in this series of spaceships and clouds paintings for the moment as I want to try out some other things next. This has a spacecraft from another world floating hidden in the clouds above a typical landscape of town and fields as the streetlights are coming on. The usual scenario of us living our little lives while above us hangs in the sky something that will change everything when our civilisations finally meet...although they might decide to stay clear of us like we would from a large dangerous wild animal and decide on a watching brief instead as we go about destroying ourselves and the planet we live on. 
Originally based on a red/orange - green/blue colour complementary I put more orange into it as I went along than intended and it became more of a tonal painting.
Another smaller painting possibly heading for IX in October.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment