This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 7 May 2019

New Friends - stage 2

I decided to paint in all the clouds at the same time for the first colour pass so that I can finish them off tomorrow together as it will be easier to judge values and colour. The shape of the spacecraft is changing so I have left it alone for the moment and got on with other things. This will be the last in this series for a while as I want to try out a few other things not connected with IX.
Although originally based on an orange - green/blue complementary, which it still is, I have mixed in a lot more orange than intended so that it is becoming more tonal than expected - I'll run with it.
Colours used were Prussian Blue, Naples Yellow, Permanent Orange, Warm White, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon and Cadmium Yellow Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment