This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 9 March 2018

Vampyr - stage 4

In the couple of hours I had this morning before being away from the studio back on Monday, I have painted another glaze of Burnt Umber over the figure and mixed the Umber with Burnt Sienna and painted over the hair. I then had time to put in the first scumbled glaze on the background. As this had to be semi-opaque I used a mix of Zinc White, Burnt Umber and Manganese Violet. Still trying to remember that I want the whole painting in the tonal mid-range saving the brightest highlight for the reflection in the black eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment