This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Wall Of The Citadel and Give Me Shelter sold

Give Me Shelter




Luckily whilst I made a monetary loss on going to Illuxcon two paintings were sold on Artfinder, "Wall Of The Citadel" and "Give Me Shelter".

"Give Me Shelter" was painted a few years ago as part of my series of nocturne paintings of Hove seafront near where I live.
The shelter in "Give Me Shelter" was used for dalliances with usually married women by the future King Edward the Seventh when he was still the Prince of Wales when he stayed at a nearby seafront house in the late 1890s. It now has a very different class of occupants, homeless people.
Oil on board 36" x 18".
"Wall Of The Citadel" was painted last year as a kind of homage to the Orientalist postcards of the early 20th Century. I tried to paint it in virtually two colours, red and yellow.
Oil on linen 22" x 16". 

Wall Of The Citadel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment