This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Midnight Mahal - stage 5

God this painting is hard to photograph! Had a couple of hours this afternoon after getting back to the studio to put in some contrasty underpainting on the Taj ready for the glazes to go on later. It needs contrast as many of the middle tones will disappear when the blue/green glazes go over it - this painting is meant to be dark but quite saturated in colour  and will not look like this when it is finished. I hope to finish the underpainting on the Taj tomorrow morning so that it will be dry for the first glaze the next day. The painting itself is more blue/green than it appears here.

No comments:

Post a Comment