This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 30 June 2016

Moonlight In The Seraglio

On a moonlit night a concubine smokes a nargileh in the seraglio of the Sultan. The smoke floats lazily in the sultry air of the harem, the high walls separating her from the outside world, the only evidence of which she can see is the dome of a mosque glinting in the moonlight on the other side of the walls. A gilded prison.
Another Orientalist fantasy painting this time centred around blue varying from blue/green to purple with a few additions of oranges and reds albiet mixed with Manganese Violet. I may run a very light glaze of blue over the figure tomorrow morning when the paint is dry.
It is very difficult to photograph this painting, the original being a bit softer than it appears here.
As ever the lovely Naomi Wood posed for the figure although I have given her darker hair here and have not tried to achieve an accurate likeness for variety's sake!
This is a painting that I may exhibit at this year's IlluXCon.
Oil on linen 18" x 24". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment