This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 26 April 2016

The Faery Queen - stage 3

After much thought about this picture while I was away I am now pressing on with what I have decided. A very dark (black) tree will be in the background against a textured gold metallic sky washed over with reds, the smaller tree branches being semi transparent against the sky. A gold disc (Sun or Moon) lies behind the branches centre-top of the picture, maybe with an Aries astrological symbol in it. The wings will be in gold leaf over a textured surface. At this point I have made a start on the textured background sky with Liquin Impasto. When it is finished I will put the gold over it and then the red washes will go over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment