This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 9 April 2016

Sunrise On The Ganges - stages 1 & 2

A painting resulting from my recent trip to India, this is just a working title at the moment. The location is Varanasi (Benares), somewhere I had wanted to visit for many years although this painting is half real half fantasy in that I have moved buildings around to suit the composition and the lighting and atmosphere is a very ramped up version of what I saw there a few weeks ago. I am planning on basing it around pink, mostly subdued apart from the first rays of the morning sun that are hitting the top of the main temple at the left.
The first stage has been "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium to ensure it was relatively dry for the afternoon session when for Stage 2 I applied the same mix thinned with turpentine with a bristle brush and rag.


No comments:

Post a Comment