This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 26 September 2015

Borderlands - stage 7

Finally decided to paint a thin glaze of orange over the sky which has unified the colour a bit and knocked back the lit mountain on the left to make it recede better. I was worried about the predominance of oranges so I put some pinks into the distant shadows which gives a bit more variety of colour. I then realised that the reflected light in the wet plain was too light so I made it darker and vignetted around it with darker colours as well as painting more detail into the curves of the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment