This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 5 April 2015

Some good news and some bad news

Whilst away in Leicester for a few days last week I had two contrasting pieces of news come in. Firstly the good news was that I have been accepted as a finalist in the 2014/2015 ARC Salon. This is a competition ran by the Art Renewal Centre in the USA for Realist Art and I am very pleased to be included alongside artists whose work I have long admired as well as talented friends from Illuxcon. I have no idea yet which painting/s have been accepted in which category but I am definitely included in the catalogue and have a chance of exhibiting a painting in the USA show.
The bad news was that I was not accepted for the Sky Landscape Artist Of The Year competition. They say that I could attend the heats as a Wild Card entry but I am not going to bother. Sod them!


2 comments: