This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 27 April 2015

"Saturated Colours" - my new article in Artists & Illustrators magazine

My latest article in Artists & Illustrators magazine has just been published in the June 2015 issue. This one concerns the use of saturated colour for one of my Roadside America series called "Saharan Sunset", a famous motel on Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles. In fact the colours are so saturated that the printing process of the magazine couldn't really handle it as there is a degree of subtlety in the original painting that is lost in the reproduction, although this is often the case when it comes to printing images of paintings in books and magazines.


2 comments:

  1. Hot! I will procure a copy tomorrow when I get to Stansted airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hot! I'm always a sucker for red in a painting....

    ReplyDelete