This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 8 February 2015

The Mermaid's Treasure - stage 2

Got some colour down today to roughly give me an idea as to how my lighting and colour will work. The mermaid will be bluer and blend into the rest of the picture so that the whole painting is based on a yellow/ blue near-complementary colour axis with touches of orange, red and golden yellow, mainly in the treasure chest area. Most of the colours have been mixed from variations of Prussian Blue and Naples Yellow with Michael Harding Lead Tin Yellow Lemon acting as white. Might put some indications of cliffs on the left side of the picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment