This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 8 January 2015

Michigan Red - stages 2 and 3

First of all I got some colour down to give me an idea of where it's going. I decided to base the whole picture around the red of the shutters but keeping the colours analogous instead of of using the complementary green although there is a bit of green in the pavement and background trees. I like how the composition of the centrally placed building is offset by the shadow area producing an unequal area to the amount of picture in the light yet has two more equal and centrally spaced features each side of the building - the contrasting lightest part of the painting, the sun and the darkest part, the background tree. I couldn't work on the sky in stage three as it hadn't dried from the previous days' painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment