This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 8 December 2014

Ice

This is a roadside ice vending machine I came across in South Carolina, USA, something that may be common in the States but unusual and surreal to me! I am presently interested in pushing contrasts of tone and using higher saturations of colour so this is another picture looking into the sun to that end. I feel that I need to give my paintings more of a personal identity so I am capitalising on my predilection for tonal painting and my love of strong colour to see if I can produce a body of work that is more instantly recognisable as a "Mark Harrison", particularly in view of my upcoming exposure to the US Fine Art market through two US art magazine articles. This picture is based around a yellow/violet complementary colour axis keeping everything warm by using oranges, pinks and yellow-greens as well. Oil on canvas board 16" x 16". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment