This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 16 May 2013

The Green School, Madurai - stages 1 and 2

In my search for colour in India I did not have far to go in Madurai as this was right opposite the hotel where I was staying. Here are the first two stages, the initial sketching-in in Burnt Sienna and then blocking in the tones also in Burnt Sienna. This colour seems to be ideal for this as most colours sit on top of it very well particularly blues and greens. I'm going for contre jour lighting again with warm and cold greens being a feature and I think that I will have some puddles in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment