This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 4 May 2012

Artists & Illustrators magazine - Summer In The City

I have just been commissioned by the editor of Artists & Illustrators magazine Steve Pill, to write a feature for their "Summer" issue (not sure which month yet). The theme of the issue is "Summer In The City" with my feature being the "Masterclass" section of the issue, a twelve stage step-by-step demonstration of how I paint cityscapes in oil. Initial thoughts are revolving around sunlight bouncing off pavement, probably afternoon light, heat, shadows of people, maybe somebody catching some shade, a busker?....I am tempted to make it hot and oppressive but it would be nice to avoid a sour note for a change in one of my paintings! Yes, let's try and get across the feeling of heat in the city. I don't intend to illustrate the Lovin' Spoonful song.....although having just read them, the first part of the song about the daytime does seem to be what I am thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment