This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Florence from Giardino Bardini - Fourth day

I have put a bit more glow in the sky below where the moon is to give more believability to the reflection in the river and I have added a tiny amount of Cadmium Lemon to the white of the reflection to warm it up slightly and to give more variety of colour to the picture. I have also made a start on the foreground buildings, adding more orange to the mix for the roofs; most of the painting apart from the foliage will be based on a blue/orange complementary axis. I have also decided to have one light in a nearby window - orange of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment