This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 30 January 2012

Full Moon High and Over - First day

As a companion picture to "Cuckmere Meanders to Seaford Head" I have chosen a view of the same valley but a mile inland at another favourite location, "High and Over", a National Trust site midway between Cuckmere Haven and Alfriston in East Sussex. I intend this one to be under the light of a full moon and want a magical feel to it without being a Fantasy painting as such. Atkinson Grimshaw is my starting point on this one, my main concern being that I don't want the painting to be too dark and I am looking at a blue/orange complementary axis again but this time much less saturated colour using Yellow Ochre, Prussian Blue and Permanent Orange as the root colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment