This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 21 January 2012

Cuckmere Meanders to Seaford Head - First day

After the disappointment of not getting any of the pre-selected paintings into the Royal Society of British Artists exhibition I decided to get on with a new painting. I wanted a change from the previous two pictures and fancied some nice flowing shapes after the rigidity of the verticals and horizontals of the seafront paintings and chose to revisit a favourite Sussex landscape, the Cuckmere Valley as it approaches Cuckmere Haven. I intend to have the lighting like my previous Cuckmere Haven painting with the low afternoon sun (not quite in the picture) reflecting on the river meanders in a vertical line but with more of a dazzle than the earlier painting. The picture below shows it with the initial layer of acrylic colour on top of my usual tonal underpainting in Liquitex Van Dyke Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment