This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 8 December 2011

The Big Sky - ninth day

Oh dear....I have decided to knock this one on the head and move on.  Paintings seem to have a mind of their own, sometimes they almost seem to paint themselves and other times it is like walking through treacle. At least I have learnt things from this, as indeed one seems to learn something from every painting. I think the size proved to be one factor; because it was a large (to me) painting I felt pressured to make it work somehow to justify the scale and time spent on it and was'nt able to relax and enjoy it. I have also realised that you still need big shapes just as in small paintings to give it a dynamic composition. I somehow got bogged down in too many small shapes and consequently the sky looks too bitty. I also really don't like the composition as to the relationship of the landscape to the sky either so all in all, leave it be.  Maybe one day I can come back and rescue it......
So it's on to the next one - "Here Comes The Night".

No comments:

Post a Comment