This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 8 April 2024

Sea of Light - stage 1


 Apologies for a dearth of recent posts but I have been unable to access my blog for new posts until today when a Mac expert managed to reconnect me - a new Google Sign In procedure caused all the problems....

This is the tonal underpainting stage of the companion painting to the previous "Sea of Shadows" the progress of which I was unable to post. I have a burst of light by the boat, a motif that I might develop as a visual device and an alternative to the points of light that I have recently been playing with. Whether there is any mileage for this in my "Point of Light" gallery work series I'm not sure yet.

I want this one to be full of late afternoon light as a contrast to the relatively gloomy "Sea of Shadows". 

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment