This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 8 February 2024

Passing Through - stage 11


 This painting has been slow going, I guess because I'm trying to make an invented landscape look real or at least something like a Hudson River School painting...At least I've learnt a lesson: get the underpainting finished before you go to colour. I think it would have been quicker to paint if I'd had a bit more patience and finished the underpainting instead of steaming on with the background with the foreground unresolved. I have worked out the land at left and have just worked out the rest of the foreground but it's too late in the day to make a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment