This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 11 May 2023

The Ruins of Qalat Qadim - stage 2


 I looked at it this morning over my breakfast coffee and realised that it looked like it could be a desert area anywhere in the world so I added a damaged Islamic dome and got rid of the top bit on the tower as well. I then painted the first colour pass on the sky after giving most of the painting a wash of transparent desaturated blue/green first.

Colours used so far: Phthalocyanine Blue, Phthalocyanine Green, Cobalt Teal, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Orange, Zinc White and Warm White.

No comments:

Post a Comment