This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Jalan Jalan


 Concurrent with working on a commission (with some difficulty) which I will be posting about very soon I have put together a book of my photographs of Bali from the 80s and 90s. 

I went to a lot of effort and expense in those days to get them as I was pretty much obsessed with the island and it's culture, managing to get there six times overall so I thought why not put them together in a book as self publishing is so easy these days. Neither "The Magic Sky" nor this one are intended to be money-making exercises, just a way of getting this stuff out there instead of languishing in folders on my computer.

There have been a million photos taken of Bali including a lot better than mine but in this book I have tried to avoid the obvious pictures that every tourist takes when they are there and instead have focused on things I saw that I went to a lot of trouble to get to and would not be things that tourists would get to see such as ceremonies and festivals. It has been written for people that have some knowledge of the island and it's culture and I have included Balinese names and terms when appropriate. It might also appeal to people that want to see Bali as it was in those days before the development that has occurred since the 90s although it could be said that these are also photos of the timeless Bali that never really changes and is all there if you go looking for it.

The seven chapters cover the landscape, people, offerings and ceremonies with a small section at the end of my paintings and drawings that resulted from those trips. It has 84 A4 pages printed in colour throughout with the books arriving from the printers next week.

It looks like the book will cost £15.00 plus packing and postage and will be advertised on this blog, Facebook and Instagram.

For anybody interested in buying one it looks like these will be the prices including postage and packing:

UK £20.00

EU £24.00

USA £33.00

Australia £31.00

Indonesia £32.00



 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment