This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 16 February 2019

Dark Citadel - stage 2

Going quite carefully in terms of drawing it up as it's a large important painting that I don't want to have big problems with later on. I have been working on the bottom right corner and the citadel; the corner is very important as I need a secondary focal point which is why I am putting a figure in here. If it is just a landscape painting there is not an obvious focal point that IX can use as publicity as the show gets nearer, with a figure they have a choice to come in on it or use the landscape as a whole.
The citadel buildings are only roughly put in for the moment, a lot of them will emerge as the Tonal Underpainting is put in.
Still "drawing" it up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and a dash of turpentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment