This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 6 October 2018

The Cloud Palace

A companion piece to "Al Zimbra", this is another small painting centred around sky and clouds. In addition to changing it's title from "Palace of the Sky Vizier" I also changed my mind about the colours after the tonal underpainting and changed from warm colours like the earlier painting to more of a yellow/violet complementary palette with a blue/green sky. I also changed my mind at the "drawing" stage when I changed from a floating city to a more Arabian Nights Eastern palace although I have kept the details a bit more indistinct to be able to merge with the cloud.
This is another small painting that I intend to take to IX in mid-October. Oil on Winsor & Newton Smooth Canvas 16" x 12".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment