This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 26 April 2018

The Rajah's Pleasuredome

Another sky painting following on from "Low Tide", the painting is less about the island Pleasuredome and more about the the sky and the reflections of the clouds on the lake surface. It is a fantasy of Udaipur in India that I visited many years ago - please don't go looking for the island, it doesn't exist.
Something bothers me in the end with this picture, I think it looks too "Fantasy" so I think the third and final Sky painting will be more naturalistic but with maybe more of a "Fantasy" content instead....and I might have another go at clouds reflected in water too...
I wanted a close, humid kind of atmosphere of a late afternoon on a hot day in India which is why I went for the warm almost oppressive feel...but something bothers me with it!
Oil on canvas 23 1/2" x 23 1/2". 
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment