This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 24 March 2018

Vampyr finished

Although it was nominally finished last week, there was something bugging me and on my return to the studio I knocked her back a bit more with a few semi transparent glazes of a muted Zinc White, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Umber mix. I never wanted the figure to be too distinct and wanted her to look ethereal and merging with the background. I have also taken some more shadows out of the face to give it a softer light. It was also difficult to photograph as the camera was giving it too much contrast so I have waited until it was dry and scanned it as you see here.
Oil on linen 16" x 20".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment