This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Secret Garden - stage 11

While away from the studio I decided that I didn't want the figure to be glowing but instead semi-silhouetted in the moonlight and merging more into the garden. To this end I strengthened the lines on the figure yesterday and then ran a wash over it today to knock it back. I also decided to change the foreground bullrushes to a later part of the season when the spikes become cottony-like, this will be seen at the end of the painting.
The colours are arranged in a warm/cold axis with cold bluish moonlight and warmer desaturated brown/blue/violets for the garden and sky.
Most of today's session was spent painting the stonework of the steps and foreground terrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment