This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 17 January 2018

A Secret Garden - stages 3 & 4

Stage 3
Initial thoughts about the colour while I was away from the studio were to use mixes of red/browns and green with blues for the moon, moonlight and figure but after trying this out yesterday afternoon on my return (stage 3) I had second thoughts as I looked at it over my morning coffee. I really want to avoid painting it in variations of blues this time and anyway I want the whole picture to be pretty desaturated so I resolved to use mixes of Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Manganese Violet and Ultramarine Blue all mixed with varying amounts of Zinc and Warm White.

Stage 4

No comments:

Post a Comment